Microsoft Word allows users to generate types documents that can be saved and printed. With the Office 365 application, users can collaborate and share documents for publishing, editing and viewing.
To share and collaborate on documents you must view the document using Word Online.
In the classroom
Students can access Word using the Word app on their iPad and Word Online which is synced to their OneDrive account. The Word app and Word Online provides the following advantages in the classroom:
- Automatic saving and syncing to individual OneDrive accounts
- Sharing documents with staff for feedback and editing
- Sharing with other students to collaborate on documents together
- Experience most functions of the full desktop version of Word
In the staff room
Staff can access Word from the iPad app, their desktop or online via their Office 365 account. Word 365 offers the following advantages for staff:
- Edit, share and sync documents within ‘cloud storage’ making documents accessible ‘anywhere, anytime’
- Share files with students to create collaborative documents during class time
- Collaborate on joint documents with faculty members and other staff
- Embed links to documents on webpages, blogs, learning management systems and email.
How to basics
The following ‘how to’ videos demonstrate how to create, edit, save and share Word Documents using Word Online, Word (desktop) and the Word app.
Tips and Tricks
- Create documents to share with students to allow for collaboration on tasks – i.e. joint essays
- Share faculty unit plans and assessments so that all members of the faculty can contribute to planning, assessing, reflecting and registration