This page is currently under construction
PowerPoint allows users to design multimedia slide show presentations. Typing, audio, video, graphs, links, graphics and gifs can be embedded to create a powerful presentation.
To share and collaborate on documents you must view the document using PowerPoint Online.
In the classroom
Students can access PowerPoint using the PowerPoint app on their iPad and PowerPoint Online which is synced to their OneDrive account. The PowerPoint app and PowerPoint Online provides the following advantages in the classroom:
- Automatic saving and syncing to individual OneDrive accounts
- Sharing presentations with staff for feedback and editing
- Sharing with other students to collaborate on presentations together
- Experience most functions of the full desktop version of PowerPoint
In the staff room
Staff can access PowerPoint from the iPad app, their desktop or online via their Office 365 account. PowerPoint 365 offers the following advantages for staff:
- Edit, share and sync presentations within ‘cloud storage’ making presentations accessible ‘anywhere, anytime’
- Share presentations with students to create collaborative presentations during class time
- Collaborate on joint presentations with faculty members and other staff
- Embed links to presentations on webpages, blogs, learning management systems and email.
How to basics
The following ‘how to’ videos demonstrate how to create, edit, save and share PowerPoint presentations using PowerPoint Online, PowerPoint (desktop) and the PowerPoint app.
Tips and Tricks
- Collaborate on presentations with staff for professional development or staff meetings
- Create a whole class presentation where students collaborate on one presentation in which each student completes one or more slides.