This page is currently under construction
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application to enable users to collect data using calculation, graphing and pivot tables. The Office 365 application allows users to create Excel Surveys which enables surveys to be created in order to collate and analyse data.
To share and collaborate on documents you must view the document using Excel Online.
In the classroom
Students can access Excel using the Excel app on their iPad and Excel Online which is synced to their OneDrive account. The Excel app and Excel Online provides the following advantages in the classroom:
- Automatic saving and syncing to individual OneDrive accounts
- Sharing presentations with staff for feedback and editing
- Sharing with other students to collaborate on presentations together
- Experience most functions of the full desktop version of Excel
In the staff room
Staff can access Excel from the iPad app, their desktop or online via their Office 365 account. Excel 365 offers the following advantages for staff:
- Edit, share and sync spreadsheets within ‘cloud storage’ making presentations accessible ‘anywhere, anytime’
- Share spreadsheets with students to create collaborative spreadsheets during class time
- Collaborate on joint spreadsheets with faculty members and other staff
- Embed links to spreadsheets on webpages, blogs, learning management systems and email.
- Creation of online surveys
How to basics
The following ‘how to’ videos demonstrate how to create, edit, save and share Excel spreadsheets using Excel Online, Excel (desktop) and the Excel app.
Tips and Tricks