OneDrive is Microsoft’s ‘cloud based’ storage which allows you to sync files which can then be accessed later from a web browser or mobile device.
You must sync your OneDrive account to your ‘file explorer’ to access your files offline and login to Office 365 online to access your OneDrive.
In the classroom
Students can access OneDrive using the OneDrive app on their iPad and OneDrive Online which is synced to their OneDrive account. The OneDrive app and OneDrive Online provides the following advantages in the classroom:
- Automatic saving and syncing to individual OneDrive accounts
- Sharing files with staff for feedback and editing
- Sharing with other students to collaborate on files together
- Access to files on any device with internet connection
In the staff room
Staff can access OneDrive from the iPad app, their desktop or online via their Office 365 account. OneDrive offers the following advantages for staff:
- Unlimited file storage
- Edit, share and sync files within ‘cloud storage’ making files accessible ‘anywhere, anytime’
- Share files with staff and students to create collaborative documents during class time
- Embed file links to documents on webpages, blogs, learning management systems and email.
How to basics
The following ‘how to’ videos demonstrate how to access your OneDrive account online through Office 365, from the OneDrive app and how to sync your Onedrive to the desktop to enable offline access to files.
Tips and Tricks
- Create an effective hierarchy system for filing to enable easy access to files.
- Share files by links to other staff to quickly edit documents live without having numerous versions of documents, presentations etc.