Why Adobe Spark Video for flipping?
Adobe spark has the capacity to create, videos, pages and images using both app and PC based software. It is simple to use and allows you to record your voice, add photos, select soundtracks for backing music and cinematic motions to create and export your videos. Adobe spark has a lot of potential when using for a flipped classroom. In particular, its a great tool to flip the teacher and get students to create their own video content.
Creating an Adobe Spark account
Adobe applications are easy to set up, especially if you have already set up your YouTube account. To sign in, you can do so using your google (gmail) account. This is great if your school has google sing in accounts for students.
You can either create an account using the adobe spark video app for iPad or the web version here – sign in using your google username and password.
Tips for creating videos
- When starting a new video you will be taken through a series of questions to set up your video.
- Use the + button to add components to your video
- Add as many slides as you like
- Select from various templates to decide your layout
- Choose to insert your own images or search from the adobe library
- Inserting icons are a great way to help convey your message, adobe uses creative commons images and creates citations for all of the images you have used throughout you video and displays them on the final page.
Uploading to YouTube
Uploading from the web version
- When you have completed your spark video and are ready to download select the share button
- On the left hand side of the dialogue box select download
- Once the video has downloaded, log into your YouTube account
- Select the upload (arrow) button on the YouTube page, your Spark video will be in your downloads folder
- Select your Spark video from you downloads folder and select upload
- Select publish to upload your video.
Uploading from the iPad app
- When you have completed your spark video and are ready to download select the download button (top right, arrow in the box)
- This is where you can edit your credits to include a bibliography or a special made for you message
- Press the download button (arrow in box) then press save to camera roll
- Open your camera roll and select the upload button (arrow in box, top right) and select YouTube
- Give your video a title and description and press publish